Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Wednesday, January 28, 2015

A finished yarn along x two



I finished two projects in the last week and that sure feels good.

The first is the purple sweater I thought would never end. This was a good pattern, but it sure did have a lot of extra steps. It's called the Tulip Sweater (pattern and notes here) and the pattern is written for using five stripes of color. Obviously, I used one color because Faith is inclined to put enough colors on in one day with just pants, or skirt, and a shirt, I didn't need to add five more colors with a sweater. She loves it -- the color, the style, even what I thought would be itchy yarn. I made it in the size small because it's a pattern for women.

And yes, it does look a lot like that purple paint in my previous post. Between the sweater, the room, and yes, even the bridesmaids dresses are purple, I could just about barf purple at any moment.




And yes, there is a mistake in it. Do you spot it?




The color in the top photo is more accurate -- it was very gray out on Sunday when I took this photo of Faith wearing the sweater.





The second project wasn't complicated, except by the variegated yarn I used. It had stripes in the colors shown in the leg warmers, but also included in each skein were stripes of copper and a not-so-pretty chartreuse. Yes, odd color combo. Faith only liked the aqua, purple and grey, so I had to work around the other colors, cutting and weaving ends where necessary -- which is why they don't match. I was afraid they wouldn't stay up on her skinny legs during dance class, but the knit three purl three pattern is pretty snug. (pattern and notes here)


My book is a very good read -- Still Alice, by Lisa Genova, whose book Left Neglected was also a page turner. It's riveting and terrifying at the same time, as the main character is diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimer's at age 50. I surely do complain a lot about my health issues, but a book like this really puts mediocre health into perspective. I may have pain, and I may not feel great, but I haven't yet (knock wood) forgotten how to get home.

Pop over to Ginny's if you need a knitting project or a good book. I hope you find one!




13 comments:

  1. The sweater suits her beautifully. I love the pattern. And you sure are dedicated with the knitting of the leg warmers. They look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jayne. She's a very appreciative recipient (most of the time!) and was very excited about the leg warmers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to have someone who appreciates your knits besides you. It looks great on her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does appreciate my knitting, or at least says she does, and wears it!

      Delete
  4. The sweater is beautiful and she looks so elegant in that photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sweater is lovely. I don't spot any mistakes! Just call it a "design feature".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the bottom, on the left side of the front opening (left as you look at it), I purled about 4 stitches. Didn't notice it until it was blocked. Oh well!

      Delete
  6. The sweater turned out beautiful! It looks really lovely on your daughter. She does look elegant posing in that chair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have to remind her to sit up straight. ;-) But thanks!

      Delete
  7. Oh, Barbara! Both projects are great, but what a stunning job on the sweater!! You are so incredibly talented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patty, you are just so sweet to me I might have to move to Texas!
      ;-)

      Delete
  8. Beautiful sweater! I love the color. Reminds me of spring! I know we have a while until it's here but I've planted bulbs that I can't wait to see.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!