Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Faith on Ice







I'm reading (listening, actually, which is awesome because the author is narrating) Unstoppable by Nick Vujicic, and a passage I listened to today really struck me. I just wanted to share it here, because I think faith ebbs and flows, mostly unintentionally, and sometimes we need a little inspiration to keep it going.

"Faith, whether it is faith in yourself and your purpose or faith in your Creator, is a powerful beacon, but you have to let its light shine. You cannot allow it to be dimmed by neglect. Sometimes, you may feel like you have faith, but there is no light showing."
"Having faith in yourself and your abilities is critical, but you must also have patience, humility, and the understanding that you cannot do anything without the help of others and, in the end, all credit goes to God."
"Nothing will bring you down faster than living without purpose or losing track of whatever you are most passionate about: the gift that gives you joy and makes your life meaningful. If you feel yourself sliding into despair, drained of energy, and depleted of faith, ask yourself, What matters most to me? What gives me joy? What drives me and gives my life meaning? How can I get back to that? 
You and I were put on this earth to serve something greater than our narrow interests. When our focus becomes self-centered instead of God-centered, we lose our greatest source of power. Our God-given talents are meant to benefit others. When we use them for that greater purpose, we put faith into action to fulfill His plan for us. We make a difference in this world that helps prepare us for the next."




3 comments:

  1. I have been feeling like a failure this Lent already and so needed this - thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quote! I think that understanding that God has given us all our abilities is comforting...we don't have to strive anymore. We know that He will empower us to do the things that He is calling us to do.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!