Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Yarn Along with Ginny



Just popping in quickly with a few knitting project -- one finished and one almost finished.





I have been busy knitting a pretty wisteria blanket for my secret project. It was a great pattern -- something to work on in the evening. And the yarn was really nice -- Knitpicks Shine worsted. I really like that yarn, especially for baby items.



It was Lent while I was working on it.




When I finished the blanket I started a baby sweater for a baby shower I was invited to. 

I have only given a handful of handknit items for baby gifts, so I hope it's appreciated. I am on the second sleeve now and then the button band is all that's left. It's been a nice knit and I really like the moss stitch, which I used in a sweater I made for Faith (you can see it better in Faith's sweater). I probably should have made the baby wren version of Faith's sweater because it's a summer baby -- not sure what I was thinking in starting a sweater, but I hope the baby will have a need sometime over the summer until he or she grows out of it. I went with the Shine worsted in white because the mum doesn't know the sex of the baby.



\

Obviously since I have one and a half sleeves on it, I have more than this much knitted, but it was dark with rain all day today and I couldn't get a photo.

I'm still reading A Girl of the Limberlost, but mostly my spare time is spent sewing, working on the wedding program, and helping at the costume department at the dance studio. At night I have no more time than for prayer and a decade or two of rosary (or the Divine Mercy chaplet, until Sunday).


Join Ginny for more knits and books.





5 comments:

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!