Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Monday, February 15, 2016

Pretty little birdies





photo by Faith


I thought I'd entice you to come here with a photo my little peach took. Aren't they the sweetest little birdies?

And while I have you here, would you mind offering up a little prayer for my surgery and recovery. Surgery Tuesday at around 9:30 a.m. and crutches and a special shoe for a couple weeks. Hopefully, barring any complications (fingers crossed), I won't have foot pain after I heal. Never again. Thanks!


UPDATED: Thanks so much, ladies. It's noon and I'm home and on the sofa. The surgery went well -- great nurses and anesthesiologist (didn't see much of the doc). They gave me a lovely little "glass of wine" in my IV on the way to surgery, so I had sweet dreams. Now the only challenge is learning to use crutches! Thank you for your prayers. They were most efficacious! Thank you, Lord.






16 comments:

  1. What a pretty picture!

    Keeping you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will pray for you, Barbara. Try not to worry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know me, Gwen! ;-) Actually wasn't anxious about the surgery -- more about being out of commission!

      Delete
  3. Praying for a successful surgery and recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. Working on that recovery now!

      Delete
  4. Just seeing this now, but so happy to hear everything went well! Deo Gratias! Now rest, lady! Let that sweet Peach take care of you and wait on you. (Tell her she takes nice pictures too!) :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, rest. Haha! Can you believe I'm already tired of it?

      I'll pass on your compliment to Peach!

      Delete
  5. The little birds are so precious! Tell Faith we like her photo! I hope you are healing well and getting lots of knitting done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will tell Faith. :-) I'm getting lots of knitting done!

      Delete
  6. Thanks, Ana Maria. Do you know anyone who wants two free tickets to the conference? My mother-in-law was going to drive me (she has a handicap Placard) and now she's gone out of town and won't be going at all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will ask the homeschool group. If there are takers I can come over and pickit up from you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Continuing to pray for your recovery Barbara!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!